Cherchies Split Pea and Lentil Soup 18oz
Split peas, lentils, pasta and sun dried tomatoes make a hearty combination for this delicious soup. Makes approximately 9 (1 cup) servings.
Net Weight: 18 oz.
What you will need:
- 10 Cups Water
- 4 Tbsp. Olive Oil
- 1 Garlic Clove, Crushed
- 1 Large Onion, Chopped
- Beans are harvested in their natural state. Even with the most careful processing, foreign substances such as small stones may appear. Please examine contents closely. Rinse peas and lentils thoroughly in cold water.
- In a large soup pot, bring water, contents of seasoning pack and pea/lentil mix to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Saute garlic and onion in olive oil. After peas and lentils have cooked, add the sauteed mixture, pasta and sun dried tomatoes to the soup, bringing to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer 20 minutes longer, stirring occasionally.
- Add bite sized pieces of cooked sausage, ham or bacon (optional)
Slow Cooker/Crock Pot Instructions - Make the following adjustments to the recipe for Slow Cooker
- Add less water (1 to 2 cups) than the soup package directions indicate. (When cooking in a slow cooker, the water does not evaporate as readily as it does in stovetop cooking).
- Add the pre-soaked and softened beans and rest of the package to your slow cooker. You can add the chopped onion and garlic without cooking in olive oil.
- When cooking soups that have pasta or rice in the packages, we recommend that you cook the pasta and/or rice separately in boiling water until done to your taste, drain, and then add the pasta to your finished soup in the slow cooker. The cooking tipe for rice and pasta should be approx. 20 minutes, when cooked separately.
- When cooking soups that suggest adding meat, chicken or pork to the mixture you can add them to the slow cooker at the beginning of the cooking process along with the beans. The meats do not have to be precooked before adding them, however, you may want to remove whatever oil has accumulated.
- Cook on low 6-8 hours or high 3-4 hours.
-For the increasing number of consumers concerned about their sodium intake, we have reduced the salt in our seasoning pack. Please salt to taste.
Ingredients: Split peas, lentils, enriched macaroni product, sun dried tomatoes, salt, sugar, hydrolyzed soy protein, dehydrated vegetables (onion, garlic, parsley), spices, oleoresin turmeric, spice extractives, (silicon dioxide added to prevent caking). Allergens: Contains wheat and soy.