Cherchies Gumbo 6.55oz
Hot & Spicy! Long grain rice, freeze-dried onions, green bell peppers and celery with a file' seasoning and dried vegetables make this a spicy and thick soup. We suggest you use chicken and sausage, but you can try making it with any meat or seafood. Makes approximately 6 (1 cup) servings.
Net Weight: 10 oz. bag / 8 per case
What you will need:
- 5 1/2 cups water
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- 3 Tbsp. flour
- 1 lb. Cooked Italian sausage, sliced
- 1 large cooked chicken breast, diced
- Add entire contents of soup package to 5 1/2 cups boiling water. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- In a separate saucepan, combine the olive oil and flour, cook on low, and stir until caramel colored. Set aside.
- After 20 minutes, stir in the cooked meat and the olive oil/flour mixture to the soup pot. Bring to a boil, then immediately reduce heat to a low simmer.
- Cover and simmer (Do Not Boil) an additional 10- 15 minutes or until thickened.
Ingredients: Enriched long grain rice, dehydrated vegetables (onion, red bell pepper, carrot, celery), filé seasoning (dehydrated vegetables [garlic, onion, parsley], salt, spices, sugar, hydrolyzed soy protein, oleoresin turmeric, spice extractive, oleoresin celery. (Silicon dioxide added to prevent caking). Allergens: Contains hydrolyzed soy protein.