Cherchies Spicy Southwest Soup 18oz
Hot & Spicy! Try our spicy hot bean soup that is a distant cousin of a Texas chili. Makes approximately 9 (1 cup) servings.
Net Weight: 18 oz.
What you will need:
- 8 Cups Water
- 4 Tbsp. Olive Oil
- 1 Garlic Clove, Crushed
- 1 Large Onion, Chopped
- Beans are havested in their natural state. Even with the most careful processing, foreign substances such as small stones may appear. Please examine contents closely. Rinse beans thoroughly in cold water. Put beans into a large pot, adding enough water to cover by 2 inches. Bring to a boil, cooking for 2 minutes. Remove from heat, cover and let stand for 1 hour. Alternate method: Cover beans with water and soak overnight. Drain and rinse beans.
- To soup pot, add 8 cups water, contents of seasoning pack and beans, bringing to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
- As beans are cooking, saute garlic and onion in olive oil. After beans have cooked, add sauteed mixture, pasta and sun dried tomatoes, bringing to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer 15 minutes longer, stirring occasionally.
- Add cooked ground meat and top with a dollop of sour cream (optional)
- Should our soup be too "spicy" for your palate, dilute the broth with water or chicken stock.
Slow Cooker/Crock Pot Instructions - Make the following adjustments to the recipe for Slow Cooker
- Add less water (1 to 2 cups) than the soup package directions indicate. (When cooking in a slow cooker, the water does not evaporate as readily as it does in stovetop cooking).
- Add the pre-soaked and softened beans and rest of the package to your slow cooker. You can add the chopped onion and garlic without cooking in olive oil.
- When cooking soups that have pasta or rice in the packages, we recommend that you cook the pasta and/or rice separately in boiling water until done to your taste, drain, and then add the pasta to your finished soup in the slow cooker. The cooking tipe for rice and pasta should be approx. 20 minutes, when cooked separately.
- When cooking soups that suggest adding meat, chicken or pork to the mixture you can add them to the slow cooker at the beginning of the cooking process along with the beans. The meats do not have to be precooked before adding them, however, you may want to remove whatever oil has accumulated.
- Cook on low 8-10 hours or high 4-6 hours.
Ingredients: Pinto beans, kidney beans, enriched macaroni product, sun dried tomatoes, salt, sugar, spices, hydrolyzed soy protein, dehydrated vegetables (onion, garlic, parsley), silicon dioxide added to prevent caking. Allergens: Contains wheat and soy.