Cherchies Cajun Sausage Soup 17oz
Hot & Spicy! This Louisiana inspired culinary delight will satisfy your Cajun appetite. Add sweet or hot sausage for a delicious and spicy-hot meal. Makes approximately 11 (1 cup) servings.
Net Weight: 17 oz.
What you will need:
- 7 Cups Water
- 2 Tbsp. Olive Oil
- 1 Small Onion, Diced
- 2 Cloves Garlic, Diced
- 1 lb. Sweet or Hot Italian Sausage, Sliced or Ground
- 1 (16 oz.) Can Tomato Sauce
- Beans are harvested in their natural state. Even with the most careful processing, foreign substances such as small stones may appear. Please examine contents closely. Rinse beans thoroughly in cold water. Put beans into a large pot, adding enough water to cover by 2 inches. Bring to a boil, cooking for 2 minutes. Remove from heat, cover and let stand for 1 hour. (Or in a bowl cover beans with water and soak overnight.)
- Drain and rinse beans. Put beans back into the pot and add 7 cups of water. Bring to a boil. Cover and simmer over low heat for 40 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute onion and garlic in 2 Tbsp. Olive Oil until translucent. Remove from pan and set aside.
- In same skillet, saute 1 lb. of your favorite sliced or ground sausage until browned.
- After beans have cooked for 40 minutes, add one 16 oz. can of tomato sauce, cooked sausage and sauteed onion mixture to pot. Also, add rice/vegetable, and seasoning packet.
- Bring all of these ingredients to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer an additional 30 to 35 minutes.
- Serve soup with cornbread and salad for a hearty meal.
- For a spicier taste, add dashes of your favorite hot sauce to individual servings.
Slow Cooker/Crock Pot Instructions - Make the following adjustments to the recipe for Slow Cooker
- Add less water (1 to 2 cups) than the soup package directions indicate. (When cooking in a slow cooker, the water does not evaporate as readily as it does in stovetop cooking).
- Add the pre-soaked and softened beans and rest of the package to your slow cooker. You can add the chopped onion and garlic without cooking in olive oil.
- When cooking soups that have pasta or rice in the packages, we recommend that you cook the pasta and/or rice separately in boiling water until done to your taste, drain, and then add the pasta to your finished soup in the slow cooker. The cooking tipe for rice and pasta should be approx. 20 minutes, when cooked separately.
- When cooking soups that suggest adding meat, chicken or pork to the mixture you can add them to the slow cooker at the beginning of the cooking process along with the beans. The meats do not have to be precooked before adding them, however, you may want to remove whatever oil has accumulated.
- Cook on low 8-10 hours or high 4-6 hours.
Ingredients: White Northern Beans, enriched long grain white rice, red beans, dehydrated vegetables (onion, red bell pepper, carrot, celery), maltodextrin, salt, spices (red pepper, black pepper, mustard, thyme, white pepper, celery, cumin), paprika, onion powder, dehydrated chicken broth, rendered chicken fat, garlic powder, extractive of paprika, natural flavor, (silicon dioxide added to prevent caking). This is a gluten free product.